Sunday, March 11, 2012

March Madness

It's getting busy again. The spring breakers are in town and the art exhibit schedule is picking up pace. Last week we enjoyed a three day art show hosted by the Largo Community Center. Fine works of art in various genres were presented upon flowing linen curtains which really set off the plenitude of colors. Friday was the reception, free to artists and their families but with a twenty five dollar entry fee to other visitors. It was really very enjoyable and well presented and I had the opportunity to speak with some friends in the artistic community whom I had not seen in some time.

I'm following a lead I received from friends at the Pinellas Part Art Society. Within the grounds of the Florida Botanical Gardens and Heritage Village is the structure which was once the Gulfcoast Museum of Art. It has been abandoned for some time, but once hosted a number of artists and events that had the surrounding gardens as an inspirational backdrop. This structure is being re-opened as a gallery and interactive museum which will celebrate the area's maritime and fishing history. I am hoping that a collection of my work may be included.

Last night we attended the reception for "Off The Wall," an art exhibit hosted by The Exhibiting Society of Artists at the SunTan Art Center. The Gallery is immediately beside the popular Don Cesar Resort at the south end of the Island Beaches. My new work titled "Fractured Rhythm" joined the collection. The show featured a fine assortment of abstract art, a potluck fare of snacks, good company a casual atmosphere and a belly dancer. Yes, a belly dancer... see my photos below. We all had a great deal of fun after which my family invaded the Don Cesar to browse shops and take in the beach scenery. It was a wonderful night.

I have received my copy of Adobe Photoshop CS5. I recognize the familiar painting and ray tracing tools which I've given some use already, but this program is packed to bursting with features I've never heard of before, so I'm off to Borders to get a "How To" book and I've enrolled in a few classes at SPC to learn from the masters just what other fascinating things this software is capable of producing.

Next week is "Country in the Park" - an art and music fair just behind the Pinellas Park City Hall. PPAS will be present and I will be among them selling art and raising art awareness. The weekend following is the Largo Library Art Hop where I will again be "peddling my wares" and during which one of my works will be held for auction. Tickets may be purchased at the door or in advance at Frame Factory on East Bay Drive. Proceeds will benefit the Library. See you there?

A special thank you to my readers from PPAS and TESA.

To all of you I wish a fun and artful week. Be on guard, you never know when inspiration will hit.

Thanks for reading.






(2 C more art go to www.artoflylepolyak.com or visit www.themindscapeartfoundry.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment